Thursday, March 26, 2015

Creativity and New Media

Virtual Worlds foster creativity and Second Life is a virtual World that allows for avatar customization as well as exploring an virtual world. I signed up for second life to see what exactly a virtual world is like. Surprisingly, it is similar to the online fantasy game, Runescape. Back when I was in middle school, I used to play Runescape and I think the graphics of the game and the movement of the avatar is very similar to that of Runescape. Unfortunately, I think there may be something wrong with the graphics of the game because all I saw was pink. But I didn't know how to fix this. But it still resembled Runescape. Second Life is based more on real life, while Runescape was more about fantasy and creatures. In both virtual worlds, users are allowed to interact with other users in another "world".










No comments:

Post a Comment