Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Advice

If I was hired by Baruch College to use new media to improve the college, I help Baruch connect with its students more. Also, I think that Baruch can have more live chat sessions on its website. For example, each department can have a live chat option so that students can ask quick questions. Students at Baruch are always studying and sometimes finding the time to go to a department to ask a question may be difficult.This is also a good way for Baruch to become more personal to their students. I think this is also something Baruch is missing. This also eliminates unnecessary meetings at the departments. Live chat is more efficient and less time consuming. If it is unanswerable online, then the student should come in. But having a live chat option available will be more convenient. 

Aside from this, I think that there should be a CUNYFIRST and BlackBoard Facebook page. This allows for quick updates to shared easily and efficiently. Not everyone checks their email, so If the website is down, students may not know. Most students have Facebook so they will stay up to date with this. Announcements and remainders are also helpful if posted on Facebook. 

2 comments:

  1. Xian Yan, I agree with you 100%. In my previous college, they implemented live chat sessions in most departments, and usually it would save you a trip to their office. I used this function to my advantage when I attended my previous college. This is a great point that you suggested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think having cunyfirst and blackboard updates would be a great idea. I personally do not check my baruchmail as often as I should and am therefore left wondering when the sites are down for maintenance. However, I am on Facebook multiple times a day and would surely not miss an update if it came via this method. Having social media updates would be a great help.

    ReplyDelete